During these unprecedented times, securing the right general contractor that thinks outside the box can be key to a successful project. And a positive relationship between the architect and the contractor is fundamental during this process. Poli Construction will work with the owners and architects every step of the way to ensure the best possible outcome.
Finding the perfect general contractor for your needs and the specific project can sometimes be an overwhelming and daunting task. Here are a few tips to look out for when searching for a general contractor to make the process a bit easier:
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects on time and on schedule
- Appropriate insurance: General Liability, Worker’s Compensation, Builders Risk, etc.
- Reliable and trustworthy references
- Ask for team bios and/or proposed project team information
Once the general contractor has been hired, the construction process can begin. No matter the type of project, there are several phases and steps that must be taken to guarantee everyone’s safety. Some of the details of the phases might vary from project to project, but there are general steps that must be followed. When working with an experienced construction firm like Poli Construction, you can rest assured that your project will be handled appropriately and completed in a timely manner.
Here are the 6 general stages of construction:
- Concept and Design. This is also referred to as the planning and development phase. This is when the client creates a concept of their construction needs. And the general contractor and architect work on the blueprints and designs. We ensure everything is up to code during this phase.
- Building Permits. Once the design plans are finalized, it’s necessary to obtain the proper building and construction permits. This can be an ongoing process as different permits are needed at different times throughout construction.
- Preconstruction. During this phase, the cost, scope, and schedules are created. The project team is assembled. We establish a solid communication structure to provide support for the project team during the entire construction process.
- Procurement. This is when buying all of the necessary materials and equipment occurs. Typically, items that the owner has selected will be specified and bid out for pricing. We work with the architect and owner to research any and all materials for the best pricing or any alternative solutions.
- Construction. Now it’s time to execute the plans and begin building. This phase has a lot of working parts and each member of the project team has an active role and needs to be involved to meet the deadlines. We work closely with the owner and everyone involved to make sure everyone is on the same page during every step.
- Post-Construction. Construction is completed and it’s during this phase where the building needs to be inspected. Any unfinished items will be added to a checklist for the project manager and contractor to complete. We are very detail-oriented during this phase to ensure everything passes inspection and the owner is completely satisfied with the work.
Working With Poli Construction
Any type of construction, big or small, can be intimidating and hectic. So working with the right construction firm can take the stress out. At Poli Construction, we will be honest and transparent throughout the process. We will work closely with the owner to make sure they are happy every step of the way. Our priority is to complete the project within budget and on time, to the owner’s satisfaction. Contact us today to help bring your vision to reality.